State-owned weapons manufacturer Pindad has developed several medical devices and equipment to boost the country’s capacity in the fight against coronavirus amid great demand of supplies in view of the rising number of COVID-19 cases.One of the devices is the Pindad VRM, a manual resuscitator ventilator, and Covent-20, a kind of portable ventilator specifically designed for emergency, such as when patients are being transported in ambulances.The others are disinfectant fog canons, available in three sizes and installable on vehicles to spray disinfectant up to 10 meters far, and mobile disinfection chambers. All the devices were about to be tested at the Health Facility Security Center (BPFK) before entering mass production, Pindad deputy secretary Herryawan Roosdyanto said.The prototypes were showcased to Regional Representatives Council (DPD) Speaker La Nyalla Mahmud Mattalitti and DPD member Eni Sumarni during a work visit to the company’s headquarters in Bandung, West Java, on Monday.”Pindad is currently in the process of requesting a feasibility test at the Health Facility Security Center,” Herryawan said in a statement made available to The Jakarta Post on Monday evening.The company also produced hazmat suits, safety goggles and face shields to address the lack of personal protective equipment (PPE) for medical workers handling coronavirus patients in hospitals across the country, he said. Read also: Raw materials coming from India to produce COVID-19 medicineAll of the devices and equipment were developed in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) standards, including the disinfectant in the mobile disinfection chamber, according to Pindad.”The [disinfectant liquid] is safe, toxic free, contains no alcohol and is pH neutral, because the WHO is concerned about carcinogenic substances,” Herryawan said.In the meantime, Pindad’s disinfectant fog cannon had been installed on vehicles belonging to the Bandung Fire and Disaster Mitigation Agency to spray disinfectant on the streets in the West Java provincial capital.The lack of protective gear and supplies has taken a toll on healthcare workers around the world, including in Indonesia, where dozens of nurses and doctors working on the front lines of the coronavirus battle have reportedly been infected by the fast-spreading virus.Indonesia has been struggling to meet demand for medical equipment and protective gear for healthcare workers as the number of infections continues to surge.The Health Ministry announced 375 new coronavirus cases in the country on Tuesday, bringing the total number of infections nationwide to 7,135. The death toll has reached 616 so far, making Indonesia the country with the highest number of COVID-19 fatalities in Southeast Asia.At least 24 doctors and 16 nurses have died from the disease since Indonesia’s first two coronavirus cases were announced on March 2, according to the Indonesian Association of Doctors and the Indonesian National Nurses Association. (vny)Topics :
#1 & 2 Mike Cannon-Brookes & Scott Farquhar $14.2b (shared wealth) Technology #3 Tim Gurner $631m Property #4 Ori Allon $539m Technology #5 & 6 Kayla Itsines & Tobi Pearce $486m (shared wealth) Fitness, technology #7 Owen Kerr $460m Financial services #8 & 9 Collis & Cyan Ta’eed $428m (shared wealth) Technology #10 Peter Greensill $412m Agribusiness, financial services FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOK Atlassian co-founders Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes are on top for seventh year. Atlassian’s Scott Farquhar paid a whopping $70m to buy Elaine in Point Piper last year. Picture by Damian Shaw.The pair smashed their previous wealth record of $6.08b, with their 2018 figure sitting at a record $14.2b — 14 times more than the combined wealth of the next two names on the list — Tim Gurner ($631m) and tech guru Ori Allon ($539m).Mr Gurner’s personal wealth was up from $465 million last year when he had warned young Aussies they would struggle to buy a home if they spent “$40 a day on smashed avocados and coffees and not working”. That’s a rise in personal wealth of $166m in one year alone – enough to buy avo and toast for decades. Tim Gurner (left) with Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk and Brookfield Multiplex regional managing director Rod McDonald (right) breaking ground in Brisbane for the $600m FV project.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus16 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market16 hours ago 2018 TOP 10 Tim Gurner in the member’s club at his completed FV project in Brisbane.A PROPERTY millionaire slammed for criticising Millennials’ smashed avo habits has had the last laugh — cracking the top three of the Young Rich List for the first time ever.Tim Gurner, whose Gurner firm has over $3.8 billion worth of projects across Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, was named in the top three of the 2018 Financial Review Young Rich List.The results, out at noon, saw Atlassian co-founders Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar hold joint first and second positions for a record seventh year. Inside the FV project in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.His firm has 19 buildings and over 5,700 apartments under development, with recently completed projects including the iconic FV Flatiron building in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.All up there were six property millionaires on the List this year.There were also 21 debutants including former Australian cricket captain Steve Smith, F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo, Bundaberg farmer Peter Greensill and fund managers Mike Messara, Doug Tynan, Adam Harvey and Rishi Khilnani.According to the 2018 Financial Review Young Rich List, the top 100 occupants were worth a record $23.5b, up from $13.2b last year, with the average wealth excluding the Atlassian CEOs at $95m. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:51Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:51 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p432p432p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenStarting your hunt for a dream home00:51
Danish shipping and logistics company DFDS has been awarded a contract by the UK government to provide additional ferry capacity in the North Sea.The UK Department for Transport awarded the contract to the ferry operator in order to prepare for “the possibility of severe congestion at and around UK ports from 29.3.2019, caused by increased border checks by European Union Member States”.As explained, a no-deal Brexit scenario could cause disruption at the Dover-Calais crossing to the supply of vital goods.Under the contract worth €47 million (USD 53.7 million), DFDS has agreed to provide additional capacity on Immingham – Cuxhaven, Immingham – Rotterdam, and Felixstowe – Rotterdam.The plan includes two further companies — Brittany Ferries and Seaborne Freight — and a total contract value for all three companies of GBP 103 million (USD 131.3 million).“As this is a matter for the UK Department for Transport to announce, we were unable to say anything on this before they had done so, and we also need to leave it to them to provide further details,” Henrik Tidblad, DFDS’ Commercial Fleet Director, said. Together with a team of internal and external resources he negotiated the contract.DFDS will secure the additional capacity primarily through moving around ships in its network and performing extra round trips.
An unnamed oil major has given up on farming into Europa Oil & Gas’ licenses located offshore Ireland and Europa is still looking for a partner to drill its flagship Inishkea prospect.The Inishkea prospect lies on FEL 4/19 in the Slyne basin. Source: EuropaEuropa said in late October 2019 that it had been in farm-out discussions with a number of parties in relation to its 100% owned Frontier Exploration Licences (FELs) 4/19, 1/17 and 3/13, including negotiations with the NW Europe division of a major oil company, which had been ongoing for more than twelve months.The major has now informed the company that, as part of a wider strategic review, the licenses are no longer under consideration for farm-in, Europa said in an update on Thursday.The company added that discussions with several other parties regarding the farm-out of the licenses were continuing.The company is prioritising securing a partner to drill its flagship prospect in Ireland, the Inishkea prospect which lies on FEL 4/19 in the Slyne basin.Inishkea is located close to the ~1tcf producing Corrib gas field and associated infrastructure. The company therefore regards Inishkea as lower risk “infrastructure-led” exploration and has assigned gross unrisked prospective resources of 1.5tcf and an estimated geological chance of success of one in three to the prospect.In tandem with ongoing farm-out discussions, the site survey process for a drilling location at Inishkea is being advanced. The company hopes to obtain permission for the survey to be conducted during summer 2020, which would enable drilling to occur during 2021.Simon Oddie, Interim Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman of Europa, said: “With gross unrisked prospective gas resources of 1.5tcf, a one in three chance of success, a location in a proven hydrocarbon region and lying close to the producing Corrib gas field, Inishkea represents a compelling drill target, one that continues to attract considerable interest from a number of potential partners. While we cannot comment on timings for the conclusion of ongoing discussions, we remain optimistic that we will secure a partner for Inishkea with whom we can drill what has the potential to be a transformational well for Europa.“In the meantime, activity continues across our asset base including working with our partners to bring the Wressle field in the UK into production later this year at an initial gross rate of 500bopd as well as technical work in Morocco focused on reprocessing and interpreting data to build a prospect inventory. I look forward to providing further updates on our progress as we look to advance our multi-stage portfolio of assets and in the process generate value for our shareholders.”Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product, or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.
Otago Daily Times 28 September 2018Family First Comment: As Garry Bingle lay in his kitchen in a drug-induced stupor, his two toddlers played by the red-hot element he had used to spot cannabis. It was just one incident in a catalogue of neglect and abuse over a number of years. Judge Kevin Phillips condemned the defendant’s behaviour and jailed him for two years. “The children were defenceless, very young children, children of your blood, children who depended upon you for care, for nurture and for love, and they got seriously abused, physically assaulted and left in danger, because you were more intent on pursuing your addiction than caring for your children.” But hey – ‘dope never killed anyone’, eh. www.SayNopeToDope.nzAs Garry William Bingle lay in his kitchen in a drug-induced stupor, his two toddlers played by the red-hot element he had used to spot cannabis.It was just one incident in a catalogue of neglect and abuse over a number of years committed by the 46-year-old, revealed at the Dunedin District Court yesterday.Bingle previously pleaded guilty to two counts of child neglect as well as charges of threatening to kill and assaulting a female.His partner described the period of turmoil as “a nightmare”.Judge Kevin Phillips condemned the defendant’s behaviour and jailed him for two years.“The children were defenceless, very young children, children of your blood, children who depended upon you for care, for nurture and for love, and they got seriously abused, physically assaulted and left in danger, because you were more intent on pursuing your addiction than caring for your children,” he said.READ MORE: https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/crime/abused-neglected-his-children
Loading… Kouassi has made 4 appearances for PSG this season, including in a Champions’ League clash withGalatasaray, but he now appears set to leave the capital club in summer for RB Leipzig, who are offering the Frenchman a €4m signing bonus, according to the outlet in question.Advertisement Le Parisien report that a €4m signing bonus is awaiting 17-year-old PSG central defender Tanguy Kouassi, whose current deal with Les Parisiens expires in June. Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesTop 10 TV Friends Who Used To Be EnemiesThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks12 Iconic Actors Whose Careers Were Stunted By A Single Movie10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?The 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWho Earns More Than Ronaldo? Read Also:Arsenal, Man Utd table transfer offers for PSG star Le Parisien do assert that contrary to previous reporting, Kouassi has not signed anything yet with theGermans and remains in talks with PSG and notably Manchester City as well. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
The drug testing was conducted afterthe flag-raising ceremony on Jan. 13. ILOILO City – A total of 161 personnelfrom the headquarters of the Police Regional Office 6 (PRO-6) underwent randomdrug testing in line with the directive of Philippine National Policeofficer-in-charge Lieutenant General Archie Francisco Gamboa for an intensifiedinternal cleansing. Brigadier General Rene P Pamuspusan,regional police director, announced to all provincial and city directors duringthe command conference on Jan. 10 that internal cleansing remained one of hispriorities./PN Personnel found positive for illegalsubstances will be dismissed from the service for conduct unbecoming, sheadded. There were simultaneously drug tests,too, in various provincial and city police offices region-wide for a target of25 percent of the total population of the PRO-6 this first quarter of 2020. The 161 personnel were randomlyselected from various divisions of the PRO-6. More unannounced drug tests will beconducted, to be administered by the Regional Crime Laboratory Office, said PoliceLieutenant Colonel Joem Malong, regional public information officer of thePRO-6.
Area Basketball Scores.Saturday (1-14)Boys Scores.Oldenburg 56 South Dearborn 43Hagerstown 46 Franklin County 33North Decatur 61 Lawrenceburg 51Hauser 58 Milan 55Waldron 29 Jac-Cen-Del 28Switz. County 50 South Ripley 30SW Shelby 76 South Decatur 71Rising Sun 44 Shawe Memorial 35SW Hanover 58 Crothersville 33New Castle 65 Rushville 30Connersville 65 Muncie Central 50Girls Scores.Batesville 51 Lawrenceburg 38Batesville JV won 31-30Franklin County 60 Hagerstown 37Greensburg 77 South Dearborn 35South Ripley 68 Oldenburg 28Morristown 66 Edinburgh 34South Central 55 Shawe Memorial 32Pendleton Heights 68 Rushville 53Union County 51 Knightstown 35
“We take great pride in working with IMCA. We look forward to continuing that pride and can’t wait to get this season rolling!” said Outerwear’s Nick Schero. “We wish everyone a safe season and a successful season!” “Outerwears has been a wonderfully supportive IMCA Modified sponsor and expands that support to include our other divisions at the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals,” noted IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder. “We have developed a great relationship with Nick and his team and look forward to the coming season.” Outerwears also gives product awards to qualifying feature winners at both the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s and the RaceSaver Nationals powered by Sunbelt Rentals in September. Those certificates will be mailed from the IMCA home office within a week after official race results are received and are applicable toward the purchase of a radiator screen. The Schoolcraft, Mich., high performance parts manufacturer again gives $25 gift certificates to a top five finisher at each of 30 designated special events. SCHOOLCRAFT, Mich. – IMCA Modified special events drivers are in the running for Outerwears Performance Products for a sixth consecutive season. Information about the extensive line of Outerwears circle track products and dealers is available at the www.outerwears.com website, by calling 800 967-3450 and on Facebook.
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Djokovic clinches fifth Italian Open title Croatian officials on Monday said three more people involved in Novak Djokovic’s Adria Tour exhibition series were infected by the coronavirus, a day after Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov said he had tested positive.The head of the Zadar district crisis headquarters, Sime Vickovic, told state TV HRT that three of the 19 people initially tested were positive. He revealed no names.However, Croatian player Borna Coric himself confirmed that he was among them.Coric said on Instagram: “Hi everyone, I wanted to inform you that I tested positive for COVID-19.“I want to make sure anyone who has been in contact with me during the last few days gets tested!”He said he was displaying no symptoms and apologised “for any harm” he may have caused. Separately, Belgrade media reported that Djokovic’s coach was also infected.Djokovic, who came under fire for organising the tournament with few health precautions and publicly partying after the Belgrade round even as the tennis world remains in lockdown, reportedly refused to be tested and returned to Belgrade to consider his steps.“Others, including Croatia’s Marin Cilic and Germany’s Alexander Zverev, showed up at the local clinic for testing,” the daily 24Sata reported online.The Serbian world number one player had also frequently been criticised over publicising his position against vaccination and his promotion of pseudo-medicine.The final of the tournament in Zadar, played a week after the inaugural leg in Belgrade, was cancelled before its scheduled conclusion on Sunday after Dimitrov announced he was infected. The finalists were Djokovic and Russian Andrei Rublev.dpa/NAN.Tags: Arda Tour Exhibition SeriesCOVID-19Grigor DimitrovNovak DjokovicPositive TestsTennis